Inception

8:26:00 AM

Right. I was hardly thinking who the lead role of Inception was. Ofcourse it's Leonardo DiCaprio.


I've been hearing a lot about the movie Inception -- never in billboards or commercials but a lot through word of mouth. And from the plan of watching Hating Kapatid starring Judy Ann Santos and Sarah Geronimo, my friend and I end up watching Inception(in 2D, got no other choice anyway).

And out of curiosity is now amazement with infinity. I could not think of words of how to describe the movie. It was all plain wideness of imagination. According to my handy-dandy desktop installed dictionary WordWeb, inception means An event that is a beginning; a first part or stage of subsequent events.
in a dream a spinning top would never stop

A dream within a dream. That's what the movie inception is all about. And the vastness of the possibilities lets you think of the possibilities itself - 3 Levels of dreams, a story that makes you raise your left eyebrow at the start and say "aaaaaahhhhh" at the end. This is a a movie that at the end, it least assures you that you'll be able to arrange the puzzle that's being served to you at the start. It connects the dots -- who the old man, the women in a gun who is actually his wife Mal played by Marion Cotillard and the 2 children who has been at same scene for like 10 times and never had their faces on screen a.k.a distractors and what's with the brass top.

I like much the scene when Ariadne played by Ellen Page was being trained to design dreams and created a cubed city[in 00:22 of Official trailer 2]. I also like that scene in the airplane when everyone just got back from the dream thing and Cobb was the last to wake up.




Would you imagine that the action and suspense packed scenes on the most part of the movie(80% of the movie time) was all just in 1 3-layered dream.

The idea of the "kick" was also interesting. I dunno if it's a already an established fact that the kick happens to everyone. I myself experience the "kick" and yes it wakes me up from my dreams all the time.

I can't see any lessons but the MYSTERY in the movie and connecting the dots -- much kudos to all the creativity:)






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments